CCE - DPS Nagpur
Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation helps in improving student's performance by identifying his/her learning difficulties at regular time intervals right from the beginning of the academic session and employing suitable remedial measures for enhancing their learning performance.
Advantages of 'Continuous' and 'Comprehensive' Evaluation
- All children are naturally motivated to learn and are capable of learning.
- Making meaning and developing the capacity for abstract thinking, reflection and work are the most important aspects of learning.
- Children learn in a variety of ways-through experience, making and doing things, experimentation, reading, discussion, asking, listening, thinking and reflecting, and expressing oneself in speech, movement or writing-both individually and with others.
- Learning provide variety and challenge, and is interesting and engaging.
- Evaluation at the school stage help the learner's improve their achievement in scholastic areas and to develop Life Skills and attitudes with reference to the larger context and canvas of life.
- Continuity in evaluation and assessment of broad based learning and behaviourial outcomes on the other.
- Regularity of assessment, frequency of unit testing, diagnosis of learning gaps, use of corrective measures, retesting and for their self evaluation.
- Cover both the scholastic and the co-scholastic aspects of students' growth and development.
- Application of variety of tools and techniques (both testing and non-testing) to assess and evaluate the learning.
- It provides immediate feedback to the teacher, who can then decide whether a particular unit or concept needs re-teaching in the whole class or whether a few individuals are in need of remedial instruction.
- Children can know their strengths and weaknesses. It provides the child a realistic self assessment of how he/she studies.
- Identifies areas of aptitude and interest.